Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Weekend Bits & Pieces

What a busy past few weeks!! We are so blessed to have such good friends and family. We've gotten to hang out with some very special friends, see some out of town family, and lots more.


Last weekend, Tanner got his second win on the Downeast Amateur Golf Tour. Isn't he handsome?? Not to mention his trophy makes a great candy dish! I couldn't be more proud :)



Eastern NC has gotten some serious rain the past couple of weeks and what better way to spend a rainy Saturday than shopping? I got to spend all day with my mom and my two favorite girls in Raleigh. I found some major deals in Charming Charlie at Triangle Town Center.





 Wednesday night youth group has been deemed as "service night". This past week's service project was taking cards and cookies to various members of the community to show appreciation. First we hit up the hospital nurse's stations then we went to both fire stations in town. Everyone was extremely grateful, and the firemen even gave us a quick tour of the new station. It's amazing how much fun you can have spreading God's love.
 
 
 


Friday night we got to celebrate our friend, and my cousin, Kimberly's birthday with some pretty special people. We went to Sappari Japanese Steakhouse and, as always, the food was great and I ate way too much.
 



Saturday morning was full of errands as we awaited the arrival of some out of town guests. Tanner had a tournament in Clinton, NC so I got to spend the day with some of our family from Maryland and Virginia. We finally got to meet cousin Matt's girlfriend, Kellie, who we absolutely love!



Sunday after church Kimberly and I went to a baby shower and ate our weight in finger foods. There is nothing like a good veggie tray, am I right? Not to mention all of the precious tiny toys and clothes for the baby boy. Almost cute enough to make me want one...........................almost.



Too often do I stress over being so busy, and I let small worries become big problems. I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of all the things I feel like I have to do, that sometimes I forget to enjoy the things I get to do, and it's been really great being able to spend time with friends, family and God. We are so blessed to be surrounded with so much love and we are so thankful for the life God has given us!