Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Movin' On


It’s almost that time! We are so excited to be moving at the end of this week. The lease is signed and all of our belongings are in boxes, well almost.  I still have a lot left to pack. It’s amazing what you can accumulate in just 2 years of being in one place. Here’s a list of a few thoughts I’ve had while packing over the last 2 weeks:

 
How many golf tees does one person really need?

When did we get this cake pan?

What’s a radioactive food warmer?

We have 2 griddles? Why aren’t we having French toast more often?

I’m going to need more boxes.

Where are we going to put all of this stuff?

8 camouflage hunting coats?

We have a ridiculous amount of bowls.

How necessary is this pizza stone?

I’m going to need more boxes.

So many wreathes.

There is no easy way to store Christmas ornaments.

What if Jaz doesn’t like the new house?

Don’t forget to buy some Clorox spray.

When did we take this picture?

If I find one more golf ball….

MORE BOXES.

 
 And so many others. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t just a little sad. I always loved coming down the dirt driveway and seeing the old, little yellow farmhouse with acres of beans, corn or wheat behind it. It became home us as soon as we moved in and we’ve made so many memories there. It’s where Tanner proposed, where we had our first garden, and where we had our first Christmas as a married couple. I’ll miss the low ceilings, that heat and cool so well. I’ll miss the gas heat that somehow seems warmer than electric heat. I’ll miss the way the rain sounded on the roof. I’ll miss the stuffy upstairs, with its original bead board walls and the sight of Jaz sitting in the second story window waiting for us to get home.

But I’m also extremely excited. Our new place is sure to be filled with lots of laughter, the letter B and, yes, more golf balls. I’m also looking forward to having two bathrooms! Though I love Tanner more than anything, private time is something I cherish. (TMI?) I’m also looking forward to having a real laundry room, woo hoo! Tanner is especially thrilled to have a dishwasher, since that’s his chore of choice.

 Either way, boy are we blessed! I forget sometimes what a loving and perfect God I serve, and that there’s no reason for me to worry when He’s in control.