Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Better Half

Better Half
Hopefully, through reading my blog you'll get to know a lot about me, but the story wouldn't be complete without my better half. I could probably spend hours gushing over who I think is the most perfect man in the world but I'll spare you all from that mushy, lovey-dovey stuff.

Tanner and I went to high school together, but we didn't actually meet until my senior year. I was friends with his girlfriend at the time, so we all went to my senior prom together. Tanner was quiet, and if I knew anything about him it was just that he drove a turquoise jeep and wore camouflage. Not really my thing back then.

We didn't really hang out with the same groups of people so after I graduated I didn't see him again for a while. Then one night I happened to run into him at a restaurant and a few hours later I got a message on Facebook. (How cheesy, right?!) Anyways, long story short I gave him my number and we started "talking"...or at least I think that's what the young people still call it. Our first date was at Carolina Ale House and while it was nice, it was a little awkward. I couldn't help but notice how genuinely sweet he was. I could tell he was nervous and I was flattered by that. I hadn't dated anyone that nice in a long time.

Fast forward to exactly 2 years later and I'm walking down the aisle to him. Our wedding was small, simple and very casual, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. We've been married a year and a half now and Tanner shows me every day that he is still that genuine, kind guy that I fell in love with. He's selfless, hard-working and so silly. He plays the guitar like it was made for him, loves golf and nothing makes me more proud than to see him serving the Lord at church or wherever else we go. I'll be the first to admit that at times I've wandered pretty far from the path of God,  but the Lord knew just what he was doing when he sent me the best trail guide and partner in the world.



No comments: