Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Recap



This long weekend was just what the doctor ordered. We kicked it off Friday night with spending some time with my mom, stepdad and a couple from our church. Nothing like subs, meatballs and board games. Tanner could play Apples to Apples for hours (if I let him). We got home around 9:30 and passed out.

Saturday Tanner did his usual golf thing so Lyndsay and I headed to Raleigh to do some shopping. Our first stop was Charming Charlie. Ladies, if you haven't heard of this place prepare to be amazed. This is an accesory store, with some clothes and shoes but mostly jewelry. Sounds pretty typical but guess what? It's organized by COLOR. It's an OCD dream. Need something gold? Step right over to the gold section. Something turqouise? To your left. Tortoise shell? Bracelets, earrings, necklaces, anything. This is my favorite place in the entire world besides Barnes & Noble. I highly suggest you go to their website and find the nearest location. It's all super affordable, you won't be disappointed. Next was Lane Bryant. I got a shirt for $9 but there wasn't really anything spectacular going on in there. After that we headed to the Old Navy that was in the same shopping center. Lyndsay picked up a cute dress but I didn't find anything. Our last place was Marshalls. The goal for my day was finding a cute purse but I just couldn't seem to find anything I really liked. Lyndsay got 2 cute tops from there and then we headed home and made a pit stop in Zebulon. 

That night Tanner's mom came over and Tanner grilled some awesome ribs and chicken for us. Then his sister Alli, her husband, Scott, and their sweet little baby boy, Carter, stopped by. Tanner loves that little guy and it melts my heart to see them together. It was really nice catching up with his family and looking at Halloween costumes for baby Carter (please search baby Michelin Man on Pinterest). 




Sunday morning we went to church then ate lunch at my grandma's house. After that it was nap time and I finally got around to organizing our cabinets under the bathroom sinks and our pantry. We went over to my mom's about 6:30 to have pizza and play more board games with a few people from church since we didn't have an evening service that night. 

This morning (Monday) I slept in until 8:30am! That is a true accomplishment. Tanner got up early to play golf so I did a little bit of cleaning up while I waited for him to get back. He got home around lunch time and we headed to Greenville to spend the rest of the day together. I found some really cute pillows at Ross and TJ Maxx. We also went to Barnes & Noble. I got the book House on Fire by Antonio and Christelle Baldovinos. It's about how instead of waiting for a revival to happen at church, revival really begins at home. I'm excited to start it. Tanner bought a book called Martian by Andy Weir. Our real prize of the day was the 99 cent video games we found for the PlayStation 2 at Trade It. We have internet and Netflix, so we don't have cable or satellite. Every now and then, especially in the winter when it's too cold for golf, Tanner will drag out his PS2 and play the same football game he's had for years. Now he has PGA Tiger Woods Golf to add to his collection. He is way too excited about this. 



After a Wal-Mart run (inevitable) we finally made it home and I'm sitting in the living room mentally preparing myself for work tomorrow. Now if I can only make it to Thanksgiving Break! 

No comments: