Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Changes in September

Time is flying, y'all! I'm not sure I even remember July, or August, for that matter. I am really trying to "stop and smell the roses" but I am just too excited for the best season ever. When it comes to fall, I'm your typical girl. I'm ready for bonfires, crunchy leaves, salted caramel lattes, anything pumpkin flavored or themed, fall décor, Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens, football and Homecoming at church. Seriously, my favorite time of year.




With all that said, the leaves aren't the only thing changing 'round here. A few months ago I found out my company is moving our offices to Greenville, NC; a town about 20 miles west of Washington. Unfortunately for us, we moved in the opposite direction, about 10 miles east of Washington. So, starting in mid-October my commute will go from 15 to 45 minutes. There is a plus side, though. Greenville is where we do most of our shopping, so on my lunch break I'm hoping to make it TJ Maxx quite a bit. I'm excited but super nervous, as I'll be working with all new people. Scared!

Last Sunday our interim minister spent his last worship service with us. He and his wife have been such a blessing to our church as we continue the search for a new minister. It's been pretty challenging, but I really feel like we're growing spiritually, and Bob and Denise had a huge part in that. I can't say how awesome they were with their words of encouragement and steady perseverance. It was really hard to see them go, but we wish them well in the future and hope we can find a full time minister quickly.

Being that I'll have a longer commute, Tanner and I are in talks about our current vehicle situation. My car is...fine, I think I just might need something a little more dependable. It's definitely not a clunker, but it has definitely seen better days. And since we don't have kids yet I think it would be better to go ahead and bite the bullet so to speak so that hopefully, by the time we do have little ones, at least one of our vehicles will be paid off. That being said, I'm looking for a mid-size SUV. I was sold on something like a Chevrolet Equinox, but then realized they didn't have third row seating. So now I'm considering a Kia Sorento. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm not exactly looking for something as big as a Tahoe, but something larger than a Ford Escape. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

What changes are going on your world? Do you have any goals or plans for the upcoming months?

No comments: